Project Manager JD
An IT or business person who is responsible for managing the rollout of SharePoint / SharePoint projects to the organization and the teams involved. They will be the liaison between business and IT.
Work Experience Required:
• Minimum 2 years management of a SharePoint platform in multi-server farm installation.
• Minimum 5 years proven project management in software projects.
• SharePoint 2007 / 2010.
Skills Required :
• Project management qualification (ITIL, PMP etc), or equivalent experience.
• Understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management.
• Knowledge of project management techniques and tools.
• Proven experience in people management, strategic planning, risk and change management.
• Proficient in project management software.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Show excellence in leadership, management and client liaison.
• Chair monthly Governance Forum consisting of business and IT role-players.
• Enforce Governance Plan.
• Manage projects, resources and budget.
• Ongoing research into the technology to stay up to date with trends and best practices.
• Develop / manage best practices for project execution and management.
• Conduct performance appraisals.
• Help develop team members’ career paths.
• Liaise with IT on future strategy of platform, upgrades, etc and communicate to team.
• Identify and resolve conflicts in the team.
• Coach, mentor, inspire and motivate the team.
• Facilitate client and team meetings.
• Build, develop and grow business relationships.
• Communicate progress effectively to senior management.
• Define project scope, goals and deliverables.
• Write business case and obtain approval.
• Develop and maintain project plan.
• Oversee quality control throughout project lifecycle.
• Manage resources and deadlines.
• Manage budget.
• Manage scope changes.
• Ensure project documentation is completed and stored correctly.
• Conduct post mortems, compile lessons learnt and communicate to team
• Develop and deliver progress reports on projects, migrations, upgrades, etc.
• Determine frequency and content of status reports from team members.