DescriptionBased in sunny Malta, the Affiliate Manager will be responsible for affiliate acquisition, reactivation and network management within the Nordic region (among others). They will also be involved in the analysis and monitoring of results and providing stakeholders with regular reports. Above all they will ensure that growth opportunities are always developed with affiliates to positively impact the bottom line.
The main responsibilities are the split in the following way:
Affiliate Management – 80%
• Maintain relationships with affiliates and other partners as well as motivating partners to improve campaign performance
• Source, evaluate, recruit and approve new affiliate partners
• Monitor affiliate practices and ensure compliance
• Implement initiatives that enhance affiliate productivity, create new growth opportunities and increase ROI
• Monitor and analyse results of all campaigns, including weekly and monthly KPI reports (to identify strong and weak areas, and to help underachievers improve)
• Optimize all aspects of the affiliate program through established and new networks
• Reactivate old affiliates and also targeted inactive players through specific affiliate campaigns
• Answer Affiliate queries
• Assist managing onsite content and affiliate marcomms - promotions visibility and adding information including game content and blogs
Reporting – 15%
• Create and development top line affiliation reports for the Head of Affiliates and Internal Stakeholders to ensure that we are fully aware of all KPI’s and our budget vs spend.
• Work with the Program Manager to ensure that all data in Omarsys is present and correct
• Create and deliver weekly reports to 3rd Parties -affiliate networks etc
• Create and deliver ad-hoc reports to business owners / Head of Affiliates.
Competitor Analysis – 5%
• Conduct regular competitor analysis
• What our competitors are doing in terms of marketing collateral, welcome offers and promotions.
New Industry trends and promotional concepts.
• Sound understanding of the iGaming industry
• Excellent project management and time management skills
• Experience in managing multiple, competing priorities, duties and/or projects
• Strong analytical skills
• Superior negotiating and influencing skills
• Strong relationship management skills
• Basic HTML experience desirable
• Fluent in Norwegian, Swedish or Finnish with a good understanding of verbal and written English.
• Metrics driven with exceptional analytical skills
• Motivated team player
• Self-starter, with a ‘can do’ attitude
• Optimist and love a challenge
• Excellent written communication skills with a flair for the creative
• Excellent organisational skills with attention to detail
BenefitsWe are a young, dynamic and innovative company, and we seek others who have the same entrepreneurial spirit to share ideas and make them happen. So, if you are tired of dealing with 'suits' and tiresome middle management politics, then ComeOn! is the place to be.
Working hard also means that we need to be able to recharge our batteries once in a while and this is the reason why we want our office atmosphere to be relaxed and inviting. Come by to our brand new, bright and friendly office in the heart of St Julians and challenge us in a game of ping pong or FIFA. If you're not into that, then a cold drink on our terrace on a Friday late afternoon might be your type of melody.
But of course we offer so much more than that! A competitive remuneration package with the opportunity to enhance this with a performance related bonus as well as private health insurance and annual well-being package.
We can't wait to hear from you!