Lease & Loan Insurance Services (as part of the Great American Insurance International Division) prides itself on the people it employs. We fully understand that people are a key resource and, with that, will help us grow and continue to be a successful company. We look for bright, motivated, engaged individuals who not only achieve or exceed their objectives but also have the enthusiasm, innovation, commitment and potential to grow alongside us.
A fantastic 9-12 month fixed term opportunity has arisen to work in the heart of Bristol within the leasing industry.
We are looking for someone who is fluent in either Danish, Swedish or Norwegian and has a good command of the English language (written and spoken) and has lived in either of these countries.
The ideal candidate will have worked for two years within an insurance claims &/or customer service role with some element of complaint resolution, possess excellent communication skills, be computer literate and confident with a willingness to learn. Knowledge of general insurance would also be advantageous.
In addition to a competitive salary of £17,664, we offer a range of attractive benefits, a working week from Monday to Friday and the opportunity to work in a friendly and supportive multicultural team. We will also provide full product training and on-going skills development. This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to expand on existing skills in customer service.
Purpose of Role:
• To promptly and equitably investigate, evaluate and settle claims within the delegated limits of authority (including complaint resolution), ensuring that customers receive an exceptional claims service and are treated fairly.
• To handle customer service queries (including complaint resolution) for the Scandinavian speaking customers.
• To work within the guidelines provided during training including FCA and Underwriters guidelines and assist the European and UK CS teams, where appropriate, within a team environment.
Key Responsibilities/Main Duties:
• Answer phone calls and respond to enquiries within target timescales and make outgoing calls/correspond in writing, as necessary
• Confirm and verify insurance details that are provided and accurately enter them into the database, and utilise database to accurately interpret and communicate data
• Review and respond to insurance documents and miscellaneous correspondence within target timescales to confirm client’s insurance criteria are met
• Investigate claims thoroughly to obtain pertinent facts about losses and record claims data information accurately in the database (including gathering all necessary documents to verify losses)
• Notify insurers of claims outside the delegated limit of authority and/or of questionable coverage, for their evaluation
• Arrange for timely repair or replacement of equipment with an approved supplier, claims payment and/or salvage
• Comply with recommendations made by insurer, and/or internal auditors
• Resolve customer complaints within target and FCA guidelines ensuring that we treat customers fairly
• Translate documents as necessary
• Maintain weekly and/or monthly productivity and work completed reports as directed
• Support the wider team through demonstrating our values in work and behaviour, and working with the business to achieve goals
• Carry out admin and filing tasks as relevant to the role in a timely manner
• Using language skills, product knowledge and cultural awareness, attend and participate in client training presentations
• Make outbound telesales calls as required
• Any other, usually similar, responsibilities deemed suitable for this role
• Ability to speak and write English and either Norwegian, Danish or Swedish fluently and to a professional standard
• Experience in a customer service/claims environment
• Awareness of cultural and working practices in a Scandinavian territory
• Claims processing and negotiation
• Excellent telephone manner and customer focus
• Excellent organisation/prioritisation skills
• Flexible and adaptable approach
• PC literate and able to use MS Office Applications
• Keyboard accuracy and Excel experience
• Able to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
• Able to constructively take and follow instructions and feedback
• Conflict resolution and negotiation skills
If you are interested in applying for this role, please forward a copy of your CV along with a covering letter.