Audio Quality Assurance Specialist - Moroccan Arabic
Appen is an award-winning organization. Our people help leading technology companies expand into new global markets. With capability in over 180 languages, Appen’s global network of specialists and in-country virtual teams work together to ensure new products and technologies operate in all the languages our clients need. Whether our clients need help for in-vehicle speech recognition technology, improving search engine performance or building translation software, Appen delivers.
We are proud to have been named in Forbes Magazine as one of the Top 100 Companies Offering Flexible Jobs in 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017.
The work will primarily involve checking acoustic and content quality of audio recordings in Moroccan Arabic
The role will involve other language-related tasks which require fluency in Moroccan Arabic, e.g. verifying
text in Arabic, checking context of dialectal words.
• Start date: Immediate
• Duration: 2 - 3 months depending on project progress
• Typically 5-10 hours per week when project is active. This is a casual part-time position
• The successful candidate would work 20-40 hours at our Chatswood office, hours varying based on the stage of the project.
• Payment: AUD$22.86 p/h incl. superannuation.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must be a native speaker of Moroccan Arabic (from Morocco only).
• Your language skills must be current i.e. the language is still spoken and written in your day to day life
• Must be native speaker of Arabic as spoken in Morocco.
• Must be able to work in our Chatswood office.
• Must have valid work rights to work in Australia.
• Good level of English proficiency (typing and speaking)
• Good computer skills (basic to intermediate).
• High attention to detail.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Audio or linguistic background preferred but not necessary.
• Applicant will need to have sufficient knowledge about dialects to assess or confirm speech data dialect region. Preferred but not necessary.