Product Owner - Web/ UI - global eCommerce Travel leader -- Bangkok
Please note this role is based in Bangkok, Thailand. Our client is very keen to hear from individuals who are willing to relocate. They offer very comprehensive salary package but full relocation and visa sponsorship.
* Previous Product background
* Experience and passion for web / UI design, functionality and testing
* Proven ability to leverage analytics and quantitative methods to inform and influence decision-making
* Experience with emerging data-mining technology
* Experience working in a fast-paced and high growth environment
* Enthusiasm to develop engineered processes and technologies and to apply innovative solutions to make organisational improvements while encouraging creative thinking and innovation
* Ability to motivate and inspire development teams to achieve beyond what they imagined possible
* Entrepreneurial and analytical; effective at managing change in a fast-moving and constantly evolving business
* Experience with the latest internet trends and technologies
* MBA or advanced Math, Computer Science or Statistics degree preferred
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies and skill sets:
* Relentless curiosity and an urge to innovate, measure and improve
* Openness to change and new information
* Proven skills in recruitment and staff leadership
* Hands-on mentality
* Recognises own strengths and weaknesses
* Process oriented and strong problem-solving skills
* Capacity to identify and keep up to date on relevant global trends
* Collaborative and consensual approach.
* Commitment to 'speed wins' philosophy
* Highly ethical
* Sense of humour, humility
Our client is one of the world's largest and fastest growing online travel agents and is now established among the premier ecommerce companies Asia. Coming from over 60 countries, their 2,000+ person team is energetic and hyper-focused on every last detail of the internet. Despite their size, they feel like a start-up. Their product owners interact with C-Level executives all day, every day and are empowered to create, measure and improve every aspect of the business with very little overhead or bureaucracy.
Reporting directly Director of Product - Head of Supply and based in Bangkok, the Product Owners Supply Systems are responsible for defining the overall strategy and goals for products interfacing and connecting with supply partners (accommodation providers such as international hotel chains, hotel operators and accommodation owners as well as agencies). POs drive the relentless innovation required to stay ahead in an extremely dynamic and competitive industry and improve our supply width and depth to empower demand. Product Owners will create and maintain a product roadmap and will be responsible for communication with all stakeholders (business heads, marketing, developers, and senior management) to ensure that products continue to perform at the highest possible level and serve the needs of our many customer groups.
A Product Owner will see the big picture and the small detail at the same time. He or she will understand the broad needs of the business, scan the competitive landscape in which their product operates, spot trends and technical developments and update the product road-map as needed. At the same time, he or she will understand every detail of the product from design to functionality to usability. They will need to understand various ecommerce metrics and concepts very well - conversion, repeat rates, ROI, site performance metrics, bounce rates, return on investment, etc.
In summary, a Product Owner can expect to work on the cutting edge of technology, data, digital marketing, algorithmic decision-making and consumer psychology - all at a scale that very few ecommerce companies in the world today can offer.
* Leading product innovation
* Setting strategic direction of the site based on internal and external customer needs and business goals
* Converting strategic goals into operational tasks
* Working with graphic designers to create and maintain consistent, branded look and feel across all products
* Defining navigational flow and user experience on the site, apps, etc.
* Making proposals to senior management regarding implications of proposed plans
* Developing and implementing administrative and operational matters ensuring achievement of objectives
* Defining KPIs for all projects and evaluating the success of a project.
* Evaluating risks and trade-offs associated with each course of action
* Working closely with users to ensure all projects meet business needs.
This role is based in Bangkok, Thailand. Visa/Work Permit and Relocation will be offered to the eligible candidate.
If this role sounds like it's for you please send us your CV right now. Our client will be starting interviews imminently.