Do you want to work for a Global Pharmaceutical company where you will get recognized for your hard work and commitment? Look no further, apply today. Internal Compliance Specialist, Novartis, Prague, Czech Republic.
The purpose of the role is to execute end-to-end Procurement related control activities on countries/site’s behalf to ensure that compliance is applied as per Novartis Control Frameworks (NFCM) and local law, and followed to the required standard. Interact with the local process owners, Financial Service Center associates, Financial Controls & Compliance managers, Global/Regional Procurement Operations associates and other relevant stakeholders to maintain seamless control execution, issue resolution, risk mitigation and identification of areas of improvement related to the Procurement control environment.
Your responsibilities will be:
Control Evidence Preparation:
• Prepare the execution of in-scope controls for each country/site process as per defined timelines, sample size, parameters, required evidence and involvement of local process owners, if required
• Extract the required data out of local systems (e.g. SRM R2P, CLM/Upside, SIM, Save Plan, Save Track, SAP) to prepare required control evidence for a given country/site, in liaison with the country stakeholders, if required
• Execute standard cockpit reports and any additional system-based reports as part of the required control evidence and as basis for analysis
• Structure the data extracted into relevant report format to support the analysis Control Execution and Performance Analysis
• Analyze SAP transactional cockpit reports or similar systems-based reports (e.g. e-CARE GRC AC or Basware Showcase Reports) to identify potential issues
• Perform the required analytics to assess whether the process has been performed in compliance with policies and regulations and as per defined SOPs (e.g. on metrics for Vendor Master Data, Contract Management, Competitive Bidding, PO penetration, Responsible Procurement and Spend & Savings Reporting)
• Document the performance of the analysis according to defined standards and communicate the findings to the relevant responsible person(s) in the countries
• Upload the control outcome and required evidence into reporting systems (Runbook or similar) as per reporting calendar
• Propose improvements in the design and execution of the assigned controls based on the analysis of recurrent issues and non-compliance trends across countries & sites
• Follow up with business partner/ resolution owner to track, confirm and report resolution of any non-compliance issues identified
• Define action plans with clear responsibilities and timelines assigned for the remediation of failed controls
• Perform follow up to ensure closure of remediation actions within agreed timelines
• Perform walkthroughs to confirm that remediation actions have been properly implemented and are working as defined and required
The Novartis Global Service Center (NGSC) in Prague delivers a broad variety of services to the Novartis divisions worldwide. Prague is part of a globalized network of five NGSCs, which form a successful network of services minded associates partnering with the Novartis business around the world.
Are you interested in joining an international team delivering solutions for an ever increasing demand in the healthcare industry? You will have the opportunity to join projects with a global scope and meet colleagues from all over the world. English is our working language. We are looking for candidates combining professional expertise and excellent interpersonal skills to interact with our colleagues in different cultures, countries and time zones.
Our mission is to care and cure; We want to discover, develop and successfully market innovative products to prevent and cure diseases, to ease suffering and to enhance the quality of life. We also want to provide a shareholder return that reflects outstanding performance and to adequately reward those who invest their money, their time and their ideas in our company.
Your benefits will be:
Strong work/life balance, flexible working hours
Pension/risk life insurance scheme
5 weeks paid holiday
Cafeteria employee benefit program
Public transportation allowance
Plus additional benefits
‘I came for the job, I stay for the culture’
You`ll need to have:
• University Degree
• Fluent in English + Spanish + Czech/Slovak
• 5-10 years of experience of working in a global environment in a similar position
• Experience with Procurement Operations and the Procurement function in general
• Experience in supporting the compliance related processes (SOX, internal controls)
• Experience in data analysis
• Experience in reporting & analytical tools (SAP BW, MS Access and MS Excel) Auditing and/or business process re-engineering experience, with strong internal control focus would be an advantage
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.