Do you want to work for a Global Pharmaceutical company where you will get recognized for your hard work and commitment? Look no further, apply today.
The Travel & Expense Specialist supports the Novartis NGSC Travel & Expense Operations Team, enabling the execution of quality services. The T&E Operations Team is responsible for the overall operational activities within T&E by executing accounting related matters, processing of expense reports, handling Credit Card and Compliance related matters. The T&E Specialist will deliver excellent technical and non-technical support for T&E related processes and system solutions.
The position requires a customer centric, diligent, hard-working individual with experience in working in a Call Center or Customer Service environment and knowledge of T&E processes and solutions to drive outstanding customer service and operational efficiency. The role entails the provision of services within the scope of T&E daily operations delivery, month end activities and customer support, acting as a second level support to T&E queries in the role of an operational SME.
• Support transition and is responsible for knowledge transfer and knowledge retention within T&E scope
• Provide timely assistance and customer-oriented support for incoming queries and issues related to T&E processes and systems through the role as operational SME and 2nd level support
• Partner with and supports requestors, stakeholders and suppliers to solve more complex issues related to the T&E process
• Participate and assists in driving the knowledge management process including the development of user manuals, knowledge bases, FAQs, etc.
• Support the measurement and delivery of service levels and T&E KPIs
• Support continuous improvement of services in quality and effectiveness in close collaboration with line manager, peers and procurement. Isolates problem trends and ensures that troubleshooting efforts are completed for recurring problems until permanent solutions are found
• Own the delivery of all T&E daily operational tasks ensuring accuracy and timeliness
• Deliver training sessions to Solution Center team members
• Communicate new information and changes identified related to T&E process to all team members
• Act as SME for Novartis Expense Manuals for internal and external stakeholders
• Manage the maintenance and change of user profiles in T&E tools
• Process travel requests, advance payment requests and expense reports in line with Novartis Expense Manuals and flags any incompliance in a timely manner
• Handle Credit Card related matters: applications, inquiries, dunning process on overdue balances on Credit Cards
• Provide support in compliance relevant aspects: reporting, investigation of specific cases, analysis of expense report
The Novartis Global Service Center (NGSC) in Prague delivers a broad variety of services to the Novartis divisions worldwide. Prague is part of a globalized network of five NGSCs, which form a successful network of services minded associates partnering with the Novartis business around the world.
Are you interested in joining an international team delivering solutions for an ever increasing demand in the healthcare industry? You will have the opportunity to join projects with a global scope and meet colleagues from all over the world. English is our working language. We are looking for candidates combining professional expertise and excellent interpersonal skills to interact with our colleagues in different cultures, countries and time zones.
Our mission is to care and cure; We want to discover, develop and successfully market innovative products to prevent and cure diseases, to ease suffering and to enhance the quality of life. We also want to provide a shareholder return that reflects outstanding performance and to adequately reward those who invest their money, their time and their ideas in our company.
Benefits of Working for Novartis:
Strong work/life balance, flexible working hours
Pension/risk life insurance scheme
5 weeks paid holiday
Cafeteria employee benefit program
Public transportation allowance
Plus additional benefits
‘I came for the job, I stay for the culture’
The ideal candidate will have:
• University level degree in Business Administration/ Economics/Finance
• Fluent English
• Experience in AP / T&E / Payroll
• Customer service orientation, professional attitude, reliable
• Experience in SAP environment preferred
• Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook)
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multi-national, matrix organization
• Proactive, detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable
• Exposure to international and multicultural environment
• Technical savvy
• eTravel knowledge is a plus
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.