At FitFlop, we believe that if you want to live an inspired life, you’ve got to start with a great foundation.
So we create the world’s most exciting ergonomic sandals, shoes and boots, using world class design, a splash of fashion, and a continuously innovating mix of beauty, brains and biomechanics.
We’re looking for a fiercely enthusiastic and motivated Credit Controller to play a star role in our busy finance team. No day is ever the same here and that’s why we love it. If you’re intrigued so far and you’re excited by the idea of liaising with our fabulous FitFlop customers across the UK and German markets, we’d love to hear from you!
Keeping your finger on the pulse at all times, you’ll proactively maintain close relationships with our key retailers and keep abreast of their business’s performance to spot any potential problems occurring before they impact our business. We’re a small credit control team so you’ll need to be comfortable managing a varied workload and juggling heaps of various tasks at one given time. Ideally you’ll have knowledge of the UK and German accounts and have worked in a busy credit control team previously to ensure the collection of payments are made efficiently and on time.
• Proactively calling customers for payment and ensuring prompt collection of the outstanding debts
• Liaising with the German Buying Groups to ensure invoices are paid efficiently and in a timely manner
• Dealing with EH for payment collection of Bad Debt
• Reducing the aged debt - aiming for 5% or less on 30 days plus of the overdues
• Allocating BACS payments and cheques accurately on the customers’ accounts
• Working with the Retailer Services team to resolve discrepancies for short deliveries, faulty or returned stock
• Following up on deductions to ensure that credit notes are raised once investigated and deemed correct - if the deduction is invalid to contact the customer for repayment
• Taking payment by Credit Card over the phone
• Sending out statements once a month or when a customer requests an additional copy
• Sending out invoices and credit notes, completing daily templates to submit to the German Buying Groups
• Keeping the Credit Manager, Sales Manager and Representative informed of any account issues, potential risks and to identify accounts that may require special attention
• Reconciling customer ledgers to resolve discrepancies
• Updating the notes on Microsoft Navision from emails or from any other form of communication
• Extracting credit reports when required
• You’ll have experience working in a busy credit control team
• You’re confident on the phone and happy to call customers to request payment
• Fluent in English and German
• Highly organised with the ability to balance a varied workload
• You’re a natural when it comes to customer service
• A “can-do” positive attitude – willingness to get involved and help colleagues when required
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• A team player with a good sense of humour!