Are you looking for a rewarding challenge? Amazon seeks a Business Analyst to join the rapidly growing HR Operations & Analytics team. As a key team member you will support management by producing operational reporting using a multitude of sources. This role offers visibility across business lines, exciting challenges, and the opportunity to influence an increasingly important part of the HR roadmap. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, have a bias for action and be able to handle multiple priorities with limited resources and time.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Work in partnership with project managers and an existing team of analysts to build reporting and other technical solutions that support the HR Services function in achieving its goals.
• Produce regular reports, metrics and analysis per agreed schedule, including communication, trend analysis and recommendations for improvement based on the analysis.
• Provide ad-hoc reporting and analysis in response to business requirements.
• Write database queries or scripts to gather information from a variety of source systems.
• Continuously review current reporting tools; design and manage ongoing improvements to ensure that these are streamlined and effective.
• Drive data accuracy at all times and provide an audit function for the team.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field.
• Proficiency in an object oriented programming language such as Python, Java, C++ or Visual Basic.
• Excellent knowledge of Oracle SQL, Redshift or comparable enterprise database.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills.
• Ability to communicate complex analysis outputs in a confident manner and to train others in technical/analysis skills.
• Ability to prioritize and work under pressure on a number of projects and requests simultaneously.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels within and outside of the team.
• Fluency in spoken and written English.
• Experience of web development using ASP.NET.
• Knowledge of wide range of APIs, programming tools, and open source libraries.
• Knowledge of visualization techniques and tools such as Tableau or MicroStrategy.
• Understanding of the Lean Six Sigma methodology.
• Ability to use probability and statistics to achieve a forecast.