Sitel is an award-winning call centre outsourcing provider that has been a leader in its field for over 25 years on an international basis.
Our operations span over 135 centres in 26 countries across North America, South America, Europe, Africa, and Asia Pacific.
The Kingston upon Thames site employs upwards of 600 multilingual staff who provide both front and back office solutions to a variety of UK and Global brands.
Here at Sitel we have an enormously enthusiastic and dedicated management team. We are looking for an exceptional Team Manager to join us.
Our clients are global leaders in their sectors and therefore you will be managing customer service advisors and technical support advisors on products and services that are highly established household brands
Summary of Primary Job Responsibilities
To lead the team to meet and exceed business objectives ensuring that key financial, operational and quality metrics are consistently achieved
• Has direct involvement in the recruitment, selection, induction training and on going skills development for all advisors in the team, ensuring we attract and retain the very best talent
• Applies a process of continuous review and proactively manages absenteeism & attrition for all advisors in the team, ensuring return to work and exit interviews are completed.
• Continually reviews & monitors work performance of all advisors against agreed KPI’s
• Instigates any appropriate corrective action using performance management tools
• Undertakes 1:1 monthly meetings with each advisor, ensuring objectives are continuously reviewed and linked to business KPI’s
• Ensures advisors are recognised and rewarded for outstanding achievements & performance in line with the company/client mission and values
• Provides clear direction and guidance to ensure consistent achievement of key performance metrics
• Facilitates a culture of open and honest 2 way communication, ensuring key messages are cascaded to all team members & encourages feedback and the sharing of ideas & best practice
• Maintains an environment which supports the spirit of teamwork & where advisors are committed, loyal and take pride in working for the company
• Ensures actions from the employee satisfaction survey are implemented and continuously reviewed
• Coaches, develops and motivates advisors
• Provides opportunities for skills expansion and career development across the team
• Continuously monitors advisor calls either via desk side or remote monitoring within agreed timescales to ensure that performance metrics are met.
• Ensures the accurate and timely communication of any client or campaign issues to campaign Operations Manager
• To proactively manage and be responsible for all Health and Safety issues for the team, ensuring a safe working environment for everyone
• Takes personal responsibility to understand and comply with all company and client security requirements and policies
• Ensures that all team members (Sitel or agency/contract) comply fully with the security policies and requirements of SITEL and its Clients, ensuring staff are given an appropriate level of knowledge/awareness to be able to comply with the policies within the context of their role and taking appropriate action when non-compliance is identified
• Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent, evidence of further education or vocational training preferred
• Evidence of effective interpersonal, coaching, and leadership skills
• Proven track record at supervisory level in a fast moving customer service environment, call centre experience preferred
• Previous Team Leader experience
• Experienced in performance management including the disciplinary process
• Excellent telephone, keyboard, verbal and written communication skills
• Good numeric and verbal reasoning skills
• Effective time management skills
• Ability to organise and prioritise, set priorities and multi-task
• Effective problem solving skills
Fluent in either Danish is essential.