Testronic - Hungarian Localisation Games Tester
|Location:||South London - London, United Kingdom, CR0 1PE|
Testronic is a leading global provider of Quality Assurance services for the video games and interactive entertainment industries. Operating from facilities across Europe and the United States, we have served as a trusted partner to an elite portfolio of major games publishers and developers for over 10 years.
You will be testing the translated versions of a wild variety of games, from AAA next-gen titles to mobile, indie games and companion apps.
Localisation QA Games Testing is all about proofreading the localised text in the game. You will assure translations are of the highest quality, and that they are consistent with the in-game context.
You’ll be working with a team of like-minded gamers and language specialists from all over the world, gain invaluable skills in bug-tracking software and databases, and be a part of the development of the latest cutting edge games.
We are currently looking for candidates to fill casual contracts as this work is project based.
The role is based in London, UK, and we are looking for people able to start as soon as possible.
Testronic is moving office from the London Bridge Station area to East Croyon in mid-August. Please keep this in mind when applying for this role.
• Testing software to the required timescale across all the current gaming platforms.
• Entering any linguistic related bugs, flaws and issues into the database in English and in a clear and concise manner, providing solutions to any issues where required.
• Proofreading to ensure all text is accurately translated from the English copy.
• Translating between English and target language when required.
• Ensuring the game is of industry standard before release.
• Proactively complete assigned tasks accurately and thoroughly, and within a specified timeframe in order to detect (and subsequently report on a daily basis) localisation bugs, software flaws and/or design issues.
• Ensure that no guideline-related localisation bug, flaw or issue remains in the signed-off product and report them as early as possible.
• Proactively seek to improve knowledge of testing procedures, and where applicable, related equipment.
• Maintain strong teamwork within the team.
• Communicate accurate information to other team members.
• Provide regular availability updates that truthfully reflect your availability for projects.
• Perform other tasks when requested by the management team.
• Fluent Hungarian language skills.
• Fluent English language skills.
• Basic IT skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Passion for games.
• Interest in translation.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Will have games testing experience, either localisation or functionality.
• Experience in translation or audiovisual localisation.
• Basic MS Excel skills.
• Flexible and comfortable to be working on a project work basis.
• Team orientated.
• Good communicator.
• Happy with playing games on various platforms for up to 8 hours a day.
• Available on short notice and comfortable with unusual work patterns.
Due to the nature of this work, you will only be considered for this role if you're currently living in London, UK.
Due to the nature of this position, the recruiter has requested to restrict applications by location. Only candidates in the UK may apply.