Clear Voice Interpreters / Migrant Help - Interpreting and Translation Service Manager
|Location:||Kent - South East, United Kingdom, Dover, Kent.|
|Salary:||Based on Experience|
- Name:Clear Voice Interpreters / Migrant Help
- Code:Service Manager
We are currently looking for an Interpreting and Translation Service Manager with previous experience as a Manager within the interpreting/translation industry.
Interviews scheduled for week commencing 24th September 2012 in Dover and only selected candidates will be contacted.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Identify, develop and direct the implementation of business strategy with the support of the Trading Company Board.
2. Continue to develop and expand the interpreting and translation services in order to generate maximum profit.
3. Supervise the Clear Voice Team (volunteers and self-employed interpreters/translators)
4. Plan and direct the service’s activities to achieve stated/agreed targets and standards for financial and trading performance.
5. Recruit, select, induct and support a large bank of freelance interpreters
6. Establish and develop the service’s values and reputation in the marketplace.
7. Ensure robust and timely booking/billing procedures are in place.
8. Develop partnerships that will add value to the service.
9. Produce and update promotional materials, client information packs, interpreter information packs and other documents needed to deliver the service.
10. Plan and carry out direct marketing activities and coordinate events in order to promote the service.
1. Understanding of the UK Interpreting / Translation market.
2. Proven experience in expanding and growing a business.
3. Sales and marketing skills including Presentation and client facing with the ability to design and produce effective promotional materials.
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
5. Excellent leadership and motivational abilities with effective networking skills
6. Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
7. IT skills in word processing, spreadsheets, databases, Paint and Publisher.
Proven experience in either a language services vendor management function, interpreting / translation project management or relevant management position together with experience of working with interpreters, people management and the recruitment process.
Due to the nature of this position, the recruiter has requested to restrict applications by location. Only candidates in the UK may apply.