BCD M&I - Exciting Opportunity! Project Manager (Strategic Meetings Management) – Italian/English
|Location:||Berkshire - South East, United Kingdom, Maidenhead|
- Name:BCD M&I
- Code:TLJ - BCDMI2
This role is a permanent position, based at our offices in Maidenhead, Berkshire and we offer an excellent remuneration package.
We are seeking a charismatic Project Manager who will primarily be responsible for the development, planning and overall execution of meetings, incentive travel programs, and/or special events for a client. The role will suit someone who is used to working independently.
• Source hotel availability based on the program specifications. Provide (via StarCite) preliminary rate and availability grids, and preliminary program budgets as required to assist the meeting sponsor in making a final decision on program location.
• Negotiate hotel and venue contracts which represent greater than $10,000 in spend/risk.
• Ensure the proper “Statement of Work” is prepared and signed.
• Prepare program binder to include a program budget, itinerary/agenda, timeline and, when required, any other program related specifications. Conduct turnover meetings with respective program managers or meeting sponsor.
• Process hotel deposit payments.
• Manage day-to-day industry relationships.
• Utilize and leverage BCD M&I preferred hotel agreements when negotiating hotel contracts.
• Schedule and attend supplier visits as required.
• Recommend and utilize BCD M&I approved destination management companies (DMC).
• Track and report hotel room nights spend.
• Ensure data integrity.
Planning & Project Management
• Work with the meeting planner/host/sponsor to develop, coordinate and implement travel program agendas and itineraries.
• Manage program payment schedule, including the facilitation of all invoices to the client for program deposits.
• Develop and manage Attendee Management websites
• Negotiate and contract vendors (ground transportation, entertainment and décor elements via preferred destination management companies and/or direct vendors).
• Manage day-to-day program budgets.
• Manage and utilize a program timeline. Meet deadlines accordingly.
• Facilitate the creative direction and overall development timeline of program Web sites including invitation letter, agenda and registration form; build simple sites, direct development of complex sites to Web developer, if applicable (for a fee). Proofread and test all sites; present and gain meeting sponsor approval.
• Facilitate the creative direction and fulfillment of program related participant and host communication materials, including, but not limited to save-the-dates, registration announcements, room gifts, pre-trip and onsite materials, including program signage and participants name badges.
• Arrange for onsite program operations staff as needed.
• Facilitate overall air reservation and ticketing direction with internal or external air support.
• Test to ensure GDS process between meeting technology and air support is working properly before and during the open registration process.
• Work with BTI Air Travel Group as required to book group air travel and to assure accurate air manifests are provided to the meeting planner/host/sponsor.
• Track and manage hotel and vendor attrition, cancellation and deposit schedules.
• Prepare program related check request forms for suppliers and also invoice request forms for invoicing or manage payments to Corporate Meeting Cards.
• Responsible for program data management/registration process, data integrity and client reporting. Ensure data reconciliation is complete and accurate. Update meeting host and suppliers as needed.
• Coordinate assembly of welcome packets for onsite distribution.
• Ensure distribution of host and attendee surveys, as required by program.
• Prepare travel director binder to communicate onsite travel director notes, logistic plans, final reports, BCD M&I program specifications and service agreements as well as all other pertinent program related planning materials, if applicable., provide copy to meeting planner/host/sponsor.
• Travel onsite as directed by manager and required by and serve as lead representative for suppliers and client, as needed.
• Conduct internal pre-program briefings and debriefings, including travel directors briefing, meeting host briefing and post-program debriefings.
• Reconcile all final billing.
• Reconcile all final participation data for accurate final attendee report. Update program cancellations, late ads and walk-ins to ensure final attendee database is accurate and complete.
• Prepare final program billing, reconcile supplier payments and track payments.
• Present final billing to client.
• Assume and perform other duties and responsibilities not specifically outlined herein, but which are logically and properly inherent to the position.
Transferable Skills/Required Competencies:
• Capability of thinking innovatively, strategically and conceptually.
• Ability to converse at all levels.
• Competency to maintain positive vendor relationships—establishing, developing, and maintaining trust and loyalty over time and through changes.
• Effective organizational and time management skills.
• Strong project management skills.
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities.
• Ability to maximize profitability while minimizing costs
• Successful negotiating skills.
• Effective and attention to project administrations
• Capability of problem solving - Anticipating, initiating and resolving issues.
• Ability to work in an international environment with multi-cultural colleagues.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Italian and English language skills required, (fluent). French is a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Ideally minimum of three (3) years’ experience in planning meetings, incentives, conventions, conferences and/or special events
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Experience with StarCite or other Meetings Technology.
• First-hand experience of domestic and international group travel.
• Successfully planned and operated high-level incentive travel programs and complex meetings both domestic and international with 200+ participants with on-site assistance.
• Driver’s licence
In addition, we are one of the friendliest companies you could ever wish to work for.
To apply please click apply then state your current salary and location.
Due to the nature of this position, the recruiter has requested to restrict applications by location. Only candidates in Europe (EEA) may apply.