BCD M&I - Exciting Opportunity! Meetings/Events Project Manager – fluent German and English
|Location:||Berkshire - South East, United Kingdom, Maidenhead|
- Name:BCD M&I
- Code:TLJ - BCDMI1
This role is a permanent position, based at our offices in Maidenhead, Berkshire and we offer an excellent remuneration package. In addition, we are one of the friendliest companies you could ever wish to work for.
Solely working for the one client, this job will appeal to someone who has great people skills and enjoys client interaction, as the Project Manager will effectively own and manage the relationship with the regional contact.
Whilst the role does not involve onsite travel, the Project Manager will be responsible for most other elements of a meeting, which may include any or all of the following depending on meeting scope - venue sourcing, supplier liaison, hotel & venue contracting, negotiation of rates and both client and supplier terms & conditions, programme organisation including booking transfers and dinners, value added client counselling, financial reconciliation and savings consolidation. The perfect candidate for the job should have strong attention to detail and like working with detailed processes within the structure of a client SOP (standard operating procedures).
• Source hotel availability based on the programme specifications and in line with compliance policies. Provide preliminary rate and availability grids as required to assist the meeting owner in making a final decision on programme location.
• Source other vendors as required based on programme specifications.
• Negotiate hotel and venue contracts and client contract addendum.
• Manage day-to-day industry relationships.
• Attend supplier educational sessions and internal training as required.
• Keep up to date with compliance developments.
• Ensure data integrity.
Planning & Project Management
• Negotiate and contract vendors (ground transportation, restaurants and other as needed).
• On going liaison with suppliers to provide programme updates & relevant attendee lists, confirm numbers and requirements. Meet deadlines accordingly.
• Keep budget and event overviews up to date throughout programme duration.
• Arrange for onsite programme operations staff if required.
• Track and manage hotel and vendor attrition, cancellation and deposit schedules.
• Provide to the client a pre onsite event overview of all services booked and supplier Project Manager contacts.
• Reconcile all final costs, check supplier invoices and pass to client for payment. Raise commission invoices and client invoices for onsite support as applicable.
• Present final billing to meeting owner.
• Responsible for providing project accountant with accurate data for monthly client reporting.
• Assume and perform other duties and responsibilities not specifically outlined herein, but which are logically and properly inherent to the position.
Transferable Skills/Required Competencies:
• Capability of thinking innovatively, strategically and conceptually.
• Excellent communication skills, at all levels.
• Competency to maintain positive vendor relationships—establishing, developing, and maintaining trust and loyalty over time and through changes.
• Ability to select suppliers— systematically identifying qualified suppliers to fill project needs, taking into consideration project requirements, organisational readiness, changing dynamics, and legal requirements.
• Effective organisational and time management skills.
• Strong project management skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently and prioritise tasks, keeping to client, internal and supplier timelines.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities.
• Ability to maximise profitability while minimising costs
• Successful negotiating skills.
• Capability of problem solving - anticipating, initiating and resolving issues.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Ideally a minimum of 3 years' experience in planning corporate meetings, incentives and/or special
• Ideally a minimum of 3 years' experience in client management
• Ideally a minimum of 3 years' experience managing outside vendors, sourcing and negotiating
• contract services
• Previous agency experience with healthcare clients and compliance knowledge preferred
• Fluent in German and English essential, any other European languages a plus
• Driving licence
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
To apply please click below then state your current salary and where you reside.
Due to the nature of this position, the recruiter has requested to restrict applications by location. Only candidates in Europe (EEA) may apply.