>The area: Operations and IT
This position is based in Beijing, China In little more than a decade, Google created one of the world's largest global computing infrastructures for both internal and external use. We built it – and will continue to develop and support it – with the world's most talented administrators. Chances are that we exceed every example of a "large installation" you've encountered in your career as a network, systems or security professional. Using our unique technologies along with open source tools, we keep Google's customer-facing products running, robust and secure. Our objective is to create solutions that allow people to work and communicate in new and innovative ways – giving back to the world's technical community whenever we can.
The role: IT Field Technician
As Google grows, the number of Google locations is growing too. As an IT Field Technician, you will be responsible for supporting the needs of one of Google's Asia-Pacific based offices and coordinating technical resources at various regional locations. You must be an individual that is highly technical and who can directly support the IT needs of a remote office and mentor future IT employees. IT Field Technicians also provide direct support for a local network environment based on Linux desktops and remote support to neighbouring offices. You will also provide direct support for Google’s corporate resources and applications.
* Provide direct support for Linux, Mac and Microsoft desktops/laptops and user access to corporate network and applications both on the network as well as through remote VPN access.
* Provide direct support for services such as office phones, video conferencing, and remote access.
* Provide direct support for Google’s corporate resources and applications.
* Provide direct support for Google’s office relocations and expansions.
* BS degree or equivalent experience preferred.
* Demonstrated experience troubleshooting with applications and in a Linux, MAC and Microsoft networked environment.
* Linux/UNIX desktop support experience preferred and Apple Macintosh experience a plus.
* Understanding of LAN/WAN and mobile computing environments.
* Expertise in deploying and supporting desktops/laptops, phone systems, video conferencing, and various wireless devices.
* Ability to adjust quickly to changing priorities and make quick decisions with limited information.
* Strong organizational, communication, leadership and customer service skills in both English and Mandarin.