New Business Development Manager - Beijing
This position is based in Beijing or Shanghai, China.
The area: New Business Development
At Google, we set ourselves goals we know we can't reach yet. Our New Business Development team works on game-changing ideas, from technological experiments to the expansion of existing businesses into new territories. We're a team of technologists, entrepreneurs and leaders with an eye for what's next, working across Google to develop products and ideas that revolutionize the way people connect with information.
The role: New Business Development Manager
Calling all entrepreneurs--Google's New Business Development team needs deal-makers to drive our next big move. As a New Business Development team member, you're takin' care of business...everyday. You work closely with Google Product, Engineering, Marketing and Partnerships teams on new product initiatives and key strategic relationships. You don't just execute; you're a true thought leader who can clue us into industry trends and key influencers. As our scout out in the field, you run the new deal process from start to finish. You open doors with potential partners, lead exploratory talks with them and then shrewdly weigh your options. After presenting to senior Googler leaders with your convincing recommendations, you also harness your inner negotiator to bring deals to close. Be a part of discovering and shaping Google's boldest ventures.
Key Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
THOUGHT LEADERSHIP: For more senior individuals (level 5-6), perceived as a department and potentially company wide APAC thought leader, with focus on China. Demonstrates the qualities of a recognized expert or thought leader within their business group and among external partners. For All: Takes a positive, can-do approach to challenges and overcomes internal and external obstacles. Is approachable and open to ideas and suggestions of others; evolves thinking with new inputs.
DEAL PROCESS: Able to take initiative and make progress despite ambiguity and lack of process; able to be dropped into any deal/ product at any phase and be effective immediately. Exhibits excellent collaboration skills, initiative and ability to team well with others esp product and engineering, entrepreneurial skills, finds ways to make complex things happen, solves problems, demonstrates expansive thinking skills, good judgment. Has experience with a breadth and depth of products and deals (including good mix of immediate vs. long-term launches, experience of working in good vs. challenging team dynamics, etc.). Able to prioritize product and deal mix well.
COMMUNICATION: Potentially able to communicate to press, Fortune 500 senior management, country leaders; proactively communicates and manages project status for success.
CROSS FUNCTIONAL: Leads and potentially initiates cross-functional company-wide initiatives; has strong cross functional skills, including across geographies.
ENTREPRENEURSHIP: Expands and leads entrepreneurial opportunities; promotes creativity in overall work environment.
INFLUENCER / 'IN THE MIX': Is ahead of the curve; has inside industry info; brings visibility and 'causes' important things to happen. Proactively seeks out initiatives to improve department and potentially company.
BUSINESS ACUMEN: Understands central 'pain points' in any project / Google team. Has thorough understanding of how decisions impact other parts of the company. Influences business strategies based on expertise and understanding of industry landscape, trends and competitors.
* Source, lead and own high impact/high priority/ immediate projects within China (and at times across APAC) that align with the company and regional strategy.
* Provide China thought leadership to New Business Development team.
* Guide and coordinate cross functional team members on a variety of products and deal types occurring in China.
* Expand and lead entrepreneurial opportunities within greater China.
* Provide input on business strategies based on expertise and understanding of industry landscape, trends and competitors.
* BA/BS degree (In lieu of degree, 4 years relevant work experience).
* Experience working in China (or with Chinese partners from outside of China), including experience in business development, partner management, product management or product marketing in industries relevant to Google.
* Experience identifying partners, analyzing and facilitating complex deal structures with a proven track record of deal negotiation and execution.
* In-depth experience operating within cross-functional teams (product management, implementation, legal, finance, marketing, etc.).
* Possess high level of comfort escalating and presenting key deal issues to Google senior management when appropriate; solution-oriented mind-set.
* Ability to manage several time-sensitive project/deals at once in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction, oversee and advise cross functional managers in the nuances of their work.
* Written and oral fluency in English, and business-level Mandarin (oral).
| View job cart