Our client is one of the world's largest suppliers of translation services and related multilingual solutions with offices across the world. For their London-based office they are looking to recruit a Project Management Team Leader with experience in healthcare or financial translation project management.
This position serves as the main contact person between the company's major clients (internal and external) and their global network of linguists. It is responsible for managing complex projects as well as specific production teams including junior and senior Project Coordinators and freelancers, communicating specific detailed instructions to foreign speaking linguists, and managing workflows and processes. It is accountable for the final quality assurance of translation and real-time, accurate recording of activities.
• Train and provide feedback to Supervisor on PC performance within designated production teams, manage workload ensuring tasks are allocated evenly within the team.
• Ensure that Quality Checks have been carried out satisfactorily.
• Monitor that assigned PCs follow established procedures consistently for all administrative tasks and every aspect of the project.
• When required, organize production-related client meetings, coordinate process review on main accounts and create Service Recovery Report. Create and develop the company's translations tools used for these accounts (Translation Memories, style guides, glossaries, account information, etc.) and develop efficient workflows for maximizing the use of these resources.
• Support other management members in translations estimate analysis and preparation.
• Manage in-house freelancers efficiently and cost effectively.
• Select and assign translation teams, negotiate deadlines and coordinate production with translators, proofreaders, in-country clients reviewers, typesetters and Customer Service Reps.
• Keep salesperson/Customer Service Rep up to date at all times.
• Exercise sound judgment in keeping supervisor informed of potential difficulties such as issues affecting cost and turn-around.
• Hands-on production involvement such as checking completeness and accuracy of translation prior to delivery to client or sending it to typesetting if needed.
• College degree (BA, BS) and degree in Translation and/or interpretation or equivalent experience.
• Excellent written and spoken skills in English plus one, ideally two additional languages to mother tongue standard.
• Proficient computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Acrobat, html, xml).
• Strong knowledge of desktop publishing software (QuarkXPress, Framemaker).
• Linguistic skills to include ability to create glossaries, assess quality and completeness of translations.
• Expert translation memory experience including TRADOS, Multiterm IX, Context, glossary and file management.
• Minimum four year previous experience in translation services, including three years Senior Project Management/Coordination experience.
• Ability to prioritize while handling multiple projects simultaneously in a hectic, time sensitive environment.
• Ability to communicate accurately detailed instructions to linguists.
• Detail and service oriented.
• Clear sense of accountability.
• Flexible team player.
• Superior interpersonal skills.
• Can mix and relate well to all levels.
• Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and unsupervised.
• Flexibility to work overtime required.
• Professional demeanor.
• Focused on goals and the overall team and company objectives.
• Self-motivated and pro-active.
• Can improvise and innovate.