Product Marketing Manager, Chrome and Chromebooks EMEA - London
Our jobs website has moved! See all of our current job openings at www.google.com/jobs.
Add to job cart
This position is based in London, UK.
The area: Marketing
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems--from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And, we approach marketing in a way that only Google can--breaking the rules, redefining the medium, making the user the hero, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
The role: Product Marketing Manager, Chrome and Chromebooks EMEA
As a Marketing manager, you are a fully dedicated business leader, shaping the future of one of our many Google products. Whether you're on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (AdWords, AdSense, DoubleClick, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product's journey. From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help it grow a loyal consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more. The role enables you to shape the product development process, organize product launches from beginning to end and form future marketing strategy.
Within the consumer marketing team, you will be responsible for marketing strategy, planning and execution to drive the growth of Chrome and Chromebooks. You will build the Chrome user base through engaging effective marketing; help develop and promote the latest web apps and/or introduce Chromebooks to users across EMEA for the first time. This is a cross-functional and international role: you will be working closely with Country Marketing, Product Management/Engineering, Partnerships/Business Development and PR teams in EMEA and globally. The role is based in London and involves business travel across EMEA and to the US.
* Set consumer marketing strategy within the Chrome and Chromebooks team, driving your product area forward. Advocate and communicate marketing strategy to country teams and senior management.
* Launch and drive rapid adoption of new products and features. Work with Product Managers to optimise products for EMEA consumers ? this is an influencing role with a chance to make an impact on Google?s consumer products.
* Lead design and execution of effective multi-country marketing programmes to drive product awareness and usage, applying rigorous tracking and analysis to determine ROI. Lead and motivate cross-functional, cross-country project teams. Drive ideas that can scale across countries, spread best practice.
* Work with market insights/research and user experience teams to design and deliver studies to gain knowledge about user attitudes and behaviour, and track effectiveness and ROI of marketing programmes.
* BA/BS degree. BA/BS degree. In lieu of degree, relevant skills or equivalent experience.
* Experience in product marketing, direct marketing, marketing programme management, and/or strategy consulting with an understanding of the retail industry.
* Fluency in English and outstanding written and oral communication skills.
* Technology/online industry experience, knowledge of online products and marketing techniques, understanding of Google?s strategic and competitive position.
* Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to develop product strategy/positioning, business plans, customer and market insights, and analyse campaign effectiveness/ROI.
* Project management experience. Track record of effectively delivering large-scale and/or multiple projects at one time in very fast-moving environment.
* Ability to influence at all levels and work effectively across functions and geographies. Lead non-hierarchical, multi-country, cross-functional working teams.
Add to job cart
CV/resume format: PDF (preferred), HTML, Word