IT Field Technician (Temporary) - Shanghai
This position is based in Shanghai, China
This is a temporary role offered through FESCO.
The area: Operations and IT
In little more than a decade, Google created one of the world's largest global computing infrastructures for both internal and external use. We built it ? and will continue to develop and support it ? with the world's most talented administrators. Chances are that we exceed every example of a "large installation" you've encountered in your career as a network, systems or security professional. Using our unique technologies along with open source tools, we keep Google's customer-facing products running, robust and secure. Our objective is to create solutions that allow people to work and communicate in new and innovative ways ? giving back to the world's technical community whenever we can.
The role: IT Field Technician (Temporary)
As Google grows, the number of Google locations is growing too. As a Corporate Operations Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting the needs of one of Google's Asia-Pacific based offices and coordinating technical resources at various regional locations. You must be an individual that is highly technical and who can directly support the IT needs of a remote office and mentor future IT employees. IT field technicians also provide direct support for a local network environment based on Linux desktops and remote support to neighbouring offices. You will also provide direct support for Google?s corporate resources and applications.
* Provide direct support for Linux, Mac and Microsoft desktops/laptops and user access to corporate network and applications both on the network as well as through remote VPN access.
* Provide direct support for services such as office phones, video conferencing, and remote access.
* Provide direct support for Google?s corporate resources and applications.
* Provide direct support for Google?s office relocations and expansions.
* BS degree. In lieu of degree, 4 years of relevant experience.
* Demonstrated experience troubleshooting with applications and in a Linux, MAC and Microsoft networked environment.
* Linux/UNIX desktop support experience preferred and Apple Macintosh experience a plus.
* Expertise in deploying and supporting desktops/laptops, phone systems, video conferencing, and various wireless devices.
* Understanding of LAN/WAN and mobile computing environments.
* Ability to adjust quickly to changing priorities and make quick decisions with limited information.
* Strong organizational, communication, leadership and customer service skills in both English and Mandarin.
For immediate consideration, please send a text (ASCII) or HTML version of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important: The subject field of your email must include IT Field Technician (Temporary) - Shanghai.