User Experience Designer - Beijing
This position is located in Beijing, China.
The area: User Experience
We follow a simple but vital premise in the User Experience group: "Focus on the user and all else will follow." We're passionately interested in our users and strive to learn everything we can about their behaviors, attitudes and emotions to help define the products and experiences we create. The User Experience team is a critical driving force behind gathering these insights and then using them to inspire and inform design. We are a multi-disciplinary team of interaction designers, visual designers, user researchers, copywriters and Web developers who collaborate closely with each other and with engineering and product management to create innovative, usable, great-looking products that people love to use.
The role: User Experience Designer
"Focus on the user, and all else will follow". That's one of the key philosophies behind everything that Google does, and we're looking for Interaction Designers to help drive the design process for new Google products and features. As a UX Designer, you will work closely with engineers and product managers throughout all stages of the product cycle. If you're a critical thinker with a good design sense, a strong technical background, and an eye for making things better, and if you're looking for a job where your work can have an impact on the web experience of millions of Google users, then this is the role for you.
* Working closely with Product Management and Engineering to define user models, streamline experiences and produce both high-level flows and detailed UI mockups.
* Thinking of creative solutions to complex problems and proactively proposing improvements to the existing product.
* Designing interfaces for multiple platforms that scale and extend elegantly.
* Juggling several projects at once in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment.
* Solid academic background in human-computer interaction or related field (BS or MS in Computer Science or related field a big plus)
* Demonstrated experience in designing usable interfaces for multiple platforms.
* Familiarity with design techniques, such as, storyboarding, user research and wireframes required.
* Strong visual design sense.
* Ability to brainstorm well with other designers and give and take constructive feedback.
| View job cart