CA Technologies CZ - Lead SW Engineer (C programming)
|Location:||Praha, Czech Republic, Prague|
- Name:CA Technologies CZ
This position is responsible for working closely with management and architects to create highly complex and sophisticated software on design projects that span several groups. Provide high level research and analysis related to software design and development and solve complex problems.
- Design and code, often for the most complex units/modules/products that meet functional and business requirements on schedule and within budget.
- Perform unit/module testing of software to find errors and confirm programs meet specifications.
- Fix bugs, add enhancements, and convert software to other platforms.
- Assist quality assurance team by providing assistance to testers and support personnel as needed to determine system problems.
- Collaborate with quality assurance in creation of their test plans and participate in reviews.
- Evaluate impact of software performance, and recommend changes to software design team.
- Perform strategic research and design for a major technical area.
- Design patentable technology and propose and review patent applications.
- Lead improvement of development processes and procedures.
- May perform Development project management responsibilities
- Advise development groups on technical matters as required.
- Hold internal education classes to raise CA's technical knowledge base.
- Mentor, train and develop Software Engineers.
- Meet with customers and the field to discuss their technical issues and requirements.
We are looking for:
Sr Professional Staff. A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization in C programming who may play a role in high-level projects that have an impact on the company’s future direction.
Technical expert with 7 or more years of programming experience, in-depth programming knowledge and strong technical skills combined with project management and leadership ability. Good knowledge of databases; DB2 knowledge is a big advantage.
We are offering a good salary + benefits:
- Pension insurance
- Life insurance
- Long Term Sick Leave Insurance
- Short Term Sick Leave Benefit
- Sport benefits
- Meal vouchers
- Once a week Healthy breakfast
- Free Parking
- Free beverages
- Medical care
- Vacation – 5 weeks and additional one anniversary day
There's never been a better time to join CA Technologies. We're a dynamic company with a strong vision in a growing global market. At a time when customers are demanding more and more from their technology, we're changing the way the world manages IT, to help customers better perform, compete and grow. That's why the majority of leading companies across industries worldwide use our software. It's also why you'll find a wealth of opportunities for important and rewarding work. Come to CA Technologies and build the career you want.
Due to the nature of this position, the recruiter has requested to restrict applications by location. Only candidates in Europe (EEA) may apply.